We all need oil massage on a regular basis whether we do it by ourselves, with a partner, or get one from a professional masseuse. In just the same way as a machine needs greasing, the body loves to be oiled for sheer pleasure and relaxation as well as for the many benefits of massage as stated below...
- massage gives a beautiful luster to the skin
- massage tones and relaxes the underlying muscle tissue, nourishing the skin and giving the body pleasant curves
- massage increases the body heat and improves circulation
- massage increases the flow of life giving oxygen to the tissues
- massage flushes out waste products throughout the body
- massage increases the body's resistance to disease by improving immune responses
- massage makes the body feel light, active, and energetic
- massage improves stiffness from the joints, improving posture and grace of movement
- massage makes the spine supple, improving nerve supply to the organs and all parts of the body
- massage increases stamina and sexual vitality
- massage corrects the flow of electromagnetic energy throughout the body
- massage improves concentration and intelligence
- massage builds body awareness, self confidence, and will power
- massage is rejuvenating and preserves youthful qualities
In short, massage can help keep you feeling young, vital, beautiful and healthy. So try a massage as often as you can. At least try to massage your feet on a daily basis and your head every three days.
The massage oils used should be suitable to your prakriti. Neev Herbal Handmade Soaps has a range of massage oils suitable for dry, oily and combination skins. Their formulations are based on the combined principles of Ayurveda and Aromatherapy. Here is a short description of their ingredients and benefits.
Aromathrepy Massage Oil for dry skin
Ingredients : Sesame Oil, Avacado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Pure Essential Oils of Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium, Orange, Cypress
Benefits: Sesame Oil is traditionally used for a nurturing ayurvedic massage. Sesame oil bolsters ability to handle stress, promotes physical strength, nourishes muscles and bones, supports comfortable joint movements and promotes sound sleep patterns. Avacado oil is deeply penetrating and has regenerative properties. Sandalwood oil is relaxing and relieves stress.Cypress oil reduces anxiety and fatigue
Aromathrepy Massage Oil for Oily skin
Ingredients :Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil,Wheatgerm Oil,Coconut Oil, Pure Essential Oils of Sandalwood, Vetiver, Lemon, Lemongrass, Rosewood
Benefits : Grapeseed oil is known for its anti aging and antioxident properties, Jojoba oil is light and penetrating, wheat germ oil is rich in Vitamin E, lemon oil invigorate body and mind, , lemongrass has a tonic, restorative effect on the nervous sysytem.
Aromathrepy Massage Oil for Combination Skin
Ingredients: Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Pure essential oils of patchouli, Cearwood, lavender, Eucalyptus
Benefits :Almond Oil is excellent moisturizer and lubricant, which prevents skin from drying; Jojoba Oil is light and penetrating; olive oil helps to remove stiffness because of its warming effect, patchouli oil tranquilizes mind and relaxes nerves, Frankincense oil is calming and promotes inner peace, lavender oil relaxes muscles and relieves tension
In my next blog I shall write about self massage techniques.